Thursday, July 11, 2013

IT'S A..........(an ultrasound story)

Today was my ultrasound appointment and honestly, I was hardly nervous! I've come a long way since June 18th. Anyways, I had been instructed to drink 2 bottles of water an hour before my appointment and that was what I was dreading most. I woke up pretty early and got out of the shower a little late so I had to drink 32 oz. of water in just about 20 minutes. I literally felt like throwing up.

My appointment wasn't at my doctor's office but an actual radiologist center. The waiting room was filled with old and obese people so I looked very out of place. Every one kept staring at me and I'm sure they all thought I was pregnant. Oh, if only they knew how wrong they were...

I finally got called into the ultrasound room and the lights were all dim. The lady squirted a bunch of ultrasound gel on my pelvis and it kind of stung a little bit. The actual ultrasound wasn't terrible, but it was a little uncomfortable because I had to pee so badly at this point and she had to use a lot of pressure. She couldn't find my left ovary so she had to press harder and like I said, the pressure was just uncomfortable. But it didn't hurt at all.

The thing I was most nervous for was the radiologist to confirm my worst fear that I had a septate uterus or some other issue with my insides. Halfway through she said everything looked fine, but I obviously still have to see what my doctor says when I go back for the follow up. I'm just hoping everything is okay and we schedule the surgery and this can be all over.

I'm going to be so relieved when it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment