Friday, February 20, 2015

Inspirational Friday: The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow/Life Update

I cannot believe that it's already February 20th and I don't have that many posts up for this month! This past week in particular has been absolutely I-N-S-A-N-E and I found myself stressed beyond belief! Not only was this week one deadline after another but also a series of problems that added stress to the stress mountain that was building.

Monday: My center of operations, home to all of my documents, key to the world wide web, a.k.a. my laptop's charging port broke. I discovered this around 9am while I was sitting in the library prepared to spend half of the day getting school work done. Instead, I spent most of the time trying to wiggle the cable in the hopes that maybe the plug icon would appear in the lower right hand corner of the screen and I could continue my work without fearing a dead battery. No such luck. The good news? The charging port can be replaced! The bad news? It'll cost $200. Ouch.

Tuesday: Now Tuesdays in and of themselves are stressful because from the moment I get to school, I'm in classes/working until 5pm. I have a chemical engineering class (an elective believe it or not) from 9:40-11, human sexuality 11-12:30, work at the career center from 12:30-2, public health from 2-3:30, and finally criminology from 3:40-5. On this particular Tuesday I had 2 exams. "Ouch!" -My Brain.

Wednesday: At this point in the week, I was living off iced coffee courtesy of McDonald's with extra cream and extra sugar. When I started my car for work, just about every light was lit up on my dashboard. I should throw out the disclaimer that the check engine light is, and forever will be, lit up as no mechanic from New York to New Hampshire has been able to pinpoint what's causing it to come on. Sometime last week, the oil light began flashing so I panicked and took it to Jiffy Lube. Much to my, and the technician's surprise, the oil was full. On this particular morning, the temperature light was also flashing (we're up to three flashing lights now - cue the Kanye West song) which happens from time to time. Jetta Baby doesn't like the cold. As for her owner? She's gettin' a little sick of it, too.

Thursday: Apparently, too much caffeine and not enough water is bad for you. "Ouch!" -My Head.

Annnd here we are! It's Friday and the sun is shining, I'm hydrated and just finished cleaning my apartment. Jesse comes home in a little bit and we can catch up while we eat dinner in our cozy apartment which, according to Timehop, we paid the security deposit for one year ago. :) At the end of the day, I'm so happy for everything that I have in life and for where I am today. Life might get stressful from time to time but like Annie said, the sun will come out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment