Sunday, August 11, 2013

UTIs can go DIE.

I'm not in a good mood. In fact, I really haven't been since Friday afternoon. As many of you know, Friday morning was my last appointment before surgery. The appointment went well and I was feeling really positive. My doctor will be doing the surgery and she just gave me the basics on everything to expect. All of my questions/fears were answered/calmed and I was looking forward to being done on Monday!

However, based on the title I'm sure you can tell that something went wrong...and it did. When it rains, it pours and as an award winning script writer would write, it was raining that afternoon. My doctor called in the early afternoon. It all happened so fast. She told me I had a UTI and they would have to cancel the surgery. I was stunned. So stunned that I'm surprised I remembered the info about the antibiotic she prescribed. I hung up the phone, told my mother surgery was cancelled, and started to cry.

So now here I am. Sunday night. Bitter that if I didn't have this UTI I would be resting for my surgery tomorrow. I was put on an antibiotic that I take for 3 days. I have a retest on Tuesday in which I will cross my fingers and pray that I am UTI free.

I broke down in the shower. This journey has been such a roller coaster ride. There have been times I've wanted to get off right in the middle of the ride and there have been moments in which I have felt my stomach drop and have felt pure fear. It has been hard, I'm not going to sugar coat it. But thankfully, I have the most loving, kind, and supportive team ever.

Without them, I couldn't do any of this♥

No comments:

Post a Comment